Saturday, December 3, 2011

An End...A Beginning

I won NaNoWriMo 2011 by completing 50,000 words on my novel at 7pm on November 30th. Cheering and celebratory dancing ensued and Mr. R surprised me with chocolate mints (my favorite) and a bottle of sparkling peach cider (we aren't champagne drinkers). We watched hilarious TV shows together for much of the evening and I floated on a cloud of simultaneous euphoria and shock that I'd finished a draft of a new novel.

I took two days off from writing to do some...



and to...


[images from Hyperbole and a Half ]

The next step is a read-through of THE SEAKEEPER, my middle grade fantasy novel which I haven't looked at since I began NaNoWriMo. I can already see the writing benefits of distancing myself from the manuscript by writing something else. So much perspective.

Now...on to the Christmas shopping and the task of locating something on my son's Christmas list which, I've just been informed, is no longer in the stores because the manufacturer went out of business. Anyone ever heard of Magformers? I know many people who will be sad to learn they are no longer being made. *sound of prices on leftover stock going up*

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Martinelli's sparkling apple cider gal myself, but peach works too :).

    Congrats, again! And I love the pictures. Especially because I can totally see you freaking out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an accomplishment. Now back to your regularly scheduled novel....

    ReplyDelete