Friday, February 17, 2012

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by some of my fellow platform-building campaigners. Hello to all my new followers!  And here are the questions I've been asked:

1. What is your favourite writing place?
I love to write in the rocking chair by the windows that face the fields and mountains behind our house.

2-What is the best thing about writing?
The best thing is creating characters completely different from myself, feeling the desires and emotions of their internal and external conflicts, and feeling the heartache and triumph of their journeys.

3-What is your favourite quote?
"Whomever said happiness brings sunshine never danced in the rain." I don't know who said it, but it was on a plaque in one of my dance studios.

4-Where do you get inspiration from?
I get my biggest "aha" moments from watching documentaries of all kinds--exploration, other cultures, nature, and (in the case of the manuscript I'm querying) ocean life.


5-If you could be a historical figure, who would you be and why?
This is a tough question, so I'm going to say the first name that popped into my head. Sacagawea. Because she rocked.

6-Name your  top three favourite authors.

C.S. Lewis, Lloyd Alexander, and J.K. Rowling

7-If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
The floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca in Peru...also, Ireland 


8-Besides reading and writing, name two other hobbies.

Musical theater performance and snowboarding

9. Name your top three websites.
http://www.kidlit.com/, http://www.querytracker.com/, and Facebook

10. What advice would you give to an aspiring author?
Learn the market and finish your novel. You need to write to be a writer. Set aside time to write every day and write something you would love to read.


11- What special power would you choose to have?
I regularly wish for the power to wiggle my nose like Samantha in the TV show "Bewitched". That witch can do anything with a little nose twitch from changing her outfit in a flash, to fixing a gourmet dinner, to turning an unwanted guest into a braying donkey.

And now...drum roll please. I'm tagging the following bloggers and my questions are listed below.


Shelly Brown
Kate Coursey
Donna Martin
Amanda
David Powers King
Gwen of Run Gwen, Run! Write Gwen, Write!
Kate at The Scribbling Sea Serpent
1. What's the most helpful thing someone has told you in the last week?
2. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
3. What is your favorite thing about writing?
4. When do you do your best writing?
5. What do you like to read?
6. What is something unusual that you've done?
7. How do you get names for your characters?
8. List the top three websites you use.
9. Besides reading and writing, name two other hobbies you have.
10. Where in the world would you like to go?
11. Name two novels you think everyone should read.

5 comments:

  1. You've been tagged again: at www.tracikenworth.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. I'm stopping by from the Platform Campaign. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm dropping in from the fantasy group at the Campaign! Your favorite writing space sounds lovely . . . a view of the outdoors has to be so much more inspiring than a view of your neighbor's front door *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from the campaign! So fun to be tagged! Hey, my sequel is coming out at the end of March. I'd love you to join me for a blog tour. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete